Legacy & Endowment
Legacy Circle: Inspiring Jewish Journeys for Future Generations
Ensuring a legacy is a personal commitment to maintaining and improving life for future generations. We fulfill our obligation to perform Tikkun Olam (repairing the world) by supporting our community and its institutions.
Endowment Funds: What is an Endowment Fund?
An endowment fund is a permanent fund that has earnings to benefit a charity. Revenue from a fund can be designated for a specific purpose providing a revenue stream to fund core programs, provide scholarships or support operations. An endowment fund is designed to function in perpetuity, making it possible to provide financial support over the long-term. Annual distributions are made based on a spending rate set by the Board of Directors.
THE HARRY & JEANETTE WEINBERG ENDOWMENT FUND
This permanently restricted endowment fund, was established in 1997 when a generous challenge gift was offered by the Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Foundation. At year end 2009, the fund held $2,716,226 and provided $136,000 which was used solely for scholarships for J families in need.
CREATING A NAMED ENDOWMENT FUND FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE TUCSON J
Named endowments can be created as long as they fit within the mission and values of the Tucson J and are not too restrictive in nature. A named endowment fund can be created with a gift at a minimum of $25,000.
NAMED ENDOWMENT FUNDS AT THE J INCLUDE:
- The Joseph and Pauline Adams Endowment Fund (Scholarships)
- Paul Ash Family Maccabi Youth Endowment Fund (JCC Association Maccabi Games)
- Elizabeth & Benjamin Brook Endowment Fund (Early Childhood Education Scholarships)
- Marian Cerf Endowment Fund (Holocaust Education)
- Deanne Diamond Campership Fund (Camp Scholarships)
- Lorraine Linder Endowment Fund (Senior Grocery Shopping)
- The George & Roslyn Girard Miller Endowment Fund (Camp Scholarships)
- The Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Endowment Fund (Scholarships)
- Erin Schoenberg Memorial Endowment Fund (Early Childhood Education Scholarships)
- Shanhouse Endowment Fund (Unrestricted)
- Beth Stern Memorial Endowment Fund (Employee Excellence Awards)