Tucson JCC Member, Participant, Guest and Staff
Code of Conduct
The Tucson JCC is committed to providing a safe, welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environment for all members, participants, guests, and staff.
As adopters of the Commitment to Safe, Respectful, and Equitable Jewish Workplaces and Communal Spaces, we promise to implement comprehensive standards in our organization to achieve the goals of safety, respect, and equity. We adhere to a high ethical and legal standard for prevention and response to harassment and discrimination.
We ask individuals who enter the facility to act appropriately at all times and abide by the following policies:
- All individuals shall enter the JCC in an authorized manner (swipe card or buzzed in).
- All individuals must check into the facility by scanning their member key tag at one of the experience desks.
- All youth under the age of 11 must be supervised at all times by a parent or guardian, when not attending a registered program. Minimum age to be to unattended when not attending a registered program is 11 years of age and in 6th grade.
- The JCC is a multi-use facility; attire appropriate to the activity is required at all times.
- All people using the JCC are expected to adhere to the posted schedules for usage of each facility area. This includes: the gymnasium, public areas, pools, fitness center, Sarver Tennis Center, ECE, etc.
- All people using the JCC are expected to behave in a mature and responsible manner, and to respect the rights and dignity of all other members, participants, guests, and staff.
- Any suspicious or inappropriate behaviors should be reported to JCC Staff. All JCC Staff are eager to be of assistance! Please do not hesitate to notify any staff if assistance is needed.
- Packages and bags should not be left unattended at any time. People should report unattended packages or bags to any JCC Staff.
- Members, participants, guests, and staff will not engage in disruptive actions. These include, but are not limited to:
- Angry, vulgar, or abusive language, including swearing, name calling, and shouting
- Physical contact with another person in an angry or threatening way
- Any demonstration of sexual activity, or sexual contact with another person
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or menacing behavior
- Behavior that results in destruction of property
- Carrying or concealing weapons, objects, or devices that may be perceived as weapons
- Smoking, including vapes. Smoking is not permitted in or outside the JCC, except in designated locations
- Use or possession of illegal substances on JCC property, in JCC vehicles, or at JCC sponsored programs
- Loitering on JCC property
- Aiding or abetting in the unauthorized entrance of any person
- Other conduct of an inappropriate, threatening, or offensive nature
The JCC, through its CEO and Board of Directors, reserves the right to remove from the premises any individual acting in inappropriate manners, and further reserves the rights for additional disciplinary actions including but not limited to: cancelation of membership, or involvement of local law enforcement.
Member Key Tag
- Key Tags identify you as a JCC member and grant you access to designated areas of the facility. All members are required to scan their key tag upon entry at one of the experience desks
- Key Tags will be provided to each Active member on the unit once they are in 6th grade or above
- Key Tags cannot be used by anyone other than the member it has been issued to
- Any member who has forgotten their key tag should speak to a staff at one of the experience desks
- We MUST have an updated photo on file to confirm you as the member at check in
- Each individual needs to check in regardless if you are in the same family membership unit
- If you lost your key tag we will be happy to replace it for you. Ask any staff at one of the experience desks for assistance
- You can also add your key tag to our app in your mobile phone so you always have it with you to check in
- We do not provide Key Tags for anyone without an active membership.
- Caretakers are permitted access when accompanying and directly supervising, assisting, dropping off or picking up youth members or adults who need assistance.
- Caretakers may not bring in other non-paying guests to accompany them while they are supervising others.
- Caretakers may use a guest pass (at cost) to use the facility when not providing direct supervision to the individual in their care.
Fitness Instruction, Personal Training and Sports Specific Training
- JCC members and guests are not allowed to bring in outside personal trainers or sports trainers (i.e. basketball) to provide one-on-one or group training in the gymnasium, fitness center or anywhere on campus.
- The JCC employs trainers who conduct both private and small group trainings and clinics which are open to members and guests.
- Members & Guests may not provide services, whether free or paid, to other members or guests for personal training, fitness classes or sports specific training.
Youth Members 0-10 years old
- Must be accompanied by an adult member or enrolled in a JCC program at all times while at the facility.
- JPlay (babysitting, while adult is utilizing the facility) is available for children 3 months to 10 years of age for an additional fee. See website for more details of availability and rates.
JClub- Teen Members
- Members that are a minimum of 11 years of age and in 6th grade up to 8th grade will automatically be part of this program.
- Teens are asked to scan in as required by all members and then check in with the Youth & Teen Engagement Coordinator before using the facility during after school hours.
- Members must be 11 years old AND in 6th grade or older to use the fitness center.
- In order to use the fitness center, 11-15 year-old members must have a Teen Orientation OR be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
- Teen Orientation allows youth ages 11-15 to use the fitness facility without the supervision of an adult. Teens will work with a trainer, learning about proper gym etiquette and how to use the equipment. This is a FREE orientation. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment.
- Adult members are able to take advantage of a free fitness center orientation within the first 30 days of their membership. Email email@example.com to schedule your orientation.
- Dress Code- closed toe athletic shoes must be worn and athletic apparel including shirt and bottoms. No exposed undergarments including sports bras is allowed in the fitness center.
- Glass bottles are prohibited.
- Cell phone usage for calls is not allowed on the fitness center floor or on equipment.
- Please limit equipment use to 30 minutes when others are waiting.
- All participants must be at least 16 years old to participate in any of the J’s general Group X classes.
- Many classes have a maximum class size and advance registration may be required.
- Youth 11-15 who have completed the Teen Orientation are able to participate in teen specific Group X classes and programs.
Aquatics: Splash Park & Pools
- We ask all swimmers to rinse before entering the pool.
- Lifeguards are on deck at all times and their directives must be followed.
- Please visit our website for updated hours of availability and reservation policies.
- Non-swimmers and children under the age of 8 must have in water supervision by a capable adult.
- Appropriate bathing suit attire must be worn on deck at all times. No deck changing is allowed.
- All children in the Splash Park and Kiddie Pool must be accompanied by adult supervision.
- Glass bottles and containers are not permitted in the aquatics area.
- Swimmers needing to wear a diaper must use appropriate swim diapers.
Locker Rooms & Relaxation Center (Spa)
- Youth not able to use the youth locker rooms independently may use the inclusive restrooms with a parent or guardian.
- Swim team participants may ONLY use the youth locker rooms.
- Youth under the age of 16 may not enter the adult locker rooms.
- Locker rooms have lockers for daily use only. If you are interested in being able to leave your items at the J please contact a membership team member to inquire about availability for locker rental (monthly fees apply).
- Locks left on day lockers will be cut off at the end of the business day.
- The Relaxation Center- Spa is for members 18 and older ONLY.
- This is a co-ed space and proper attire must be worn at all times.
- Use of fragrances is prohibited in this space.
- Personal grooming is limited to the shower area.
Racquet Sports (tennis, pickleball, squash and racquetball)
- Reservations are required to use the courts.
- Members are asked to complete a reservation request on the website, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or stopping in at the desk.
- Court assignments will be provided at check upon arrival for reservation.
- Courts are available at no cost for member play, guest fees apply
- Reservations may be canceled due to weather.
- Ball Machine Rental is available for a fee and must be reserved in advance.
- Proper attire required (shirt, and court shoes).
- JCC staff will be on site at the Sarver Tennis Center & at the Wellness Desk and all directives provided must be followed.
- Squash shoes are required- no outdoor shoes permitted on squash courts.
- Goggles are required for play in the racquetball and squash courts.
- Glass bottles are prohibited from the gymnasium.
- Clear drinks in closed containers are allowed.
- No food is to be consumed in the gymnasium.
- Athletic shoes (sneakers) are required for use of this space.
- ECE (Early Childhood Education) space is restricted to the staff, participants and families of this program. Member access is restricted at all times.
Taglit, JCare, Camp Programming Space
- We ask all members to refrain from entering program spaces while programs are in session. Those needing access are asked to contact the program supervisor for approval.