Thank you for applying for financial assistance/scholarship here at the Tucson JCC. It is our philosophy that nobody should miss out on participating at the J due to their personal financial situation, which is why we offer financial assistance/scholarship to those who qualify. We understand that asking for assistance is a difficult thing to do, so we pride ourselves on our discretion and ensuring privacy for all of our members. Please know your application will not be shared beyond the small group directly related to the review process. If you have any questions, please contact Monica Rosenbaum, director or member relations, at email@example.com or (520) 615.5428.
Frequently Asked Questions
This application covers the following programs/services for the dates listed below:
- JCC Membership April 2022- March 2022
- Camp J Summer 2022
- ECE & J-Care 2022/2023 school year
Applications for new and renewing financial assistance/scholarship are due March 1-15, 2022. Applications will be reviewed in order of when they are received. The review process will begin on March 16, 2022 and conclude no later than April 1, 2022.
After March 15, new applicant applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and assistance will be awarded based on the availability of funds. Rolling applications will be reviewed weekly on Thursdays (beginning April 7, 2022)
To be considered for assistance, please provide the following:
- Complete this application in its entirety.
- Submit the following supplemental information with this application:
- Membership Application (new members only)
- Childcare registrations (if applying for tuition assistance for ECE/Camp/J-Care)
- One or more of the following for each adult in your household:
- 2021 Tax Return
- 2021 W2
- 2021 Government Benefits Letter- unemployment, SSI, disability insurance letter, DES, WIC, AHCCCS, etc. (showing financial award or assistance amount)
- 2 most recent pay stubs
Awards are based on need and follow the federal poverty guidelines. Awards are presented in a percentage amount rather than dollar award. If you make changes to your membership or program registration during the award term, the percentage will remain the same. If you are interested in participating in additional programs or services during the award term, you will need to contact us for a second review and approval. We do ask if your situation changes for the better or worse you contact us to conduct an additional review of your application with updated information.